Maine Central, Lamoille Valley

Maine Central, Lamoille Valley
Click image to link to my web site, nekrailroad.com

Monday, December 29, 2014

Railroad-Line Forum

There are lots of online places to look at and talk about model and prototype trains. As such, it is unlikely anyone can really know about or visit too many on a regular basis. I have a few places I like to frequent, and I also follow a few blogs here on blogspot to keep up with what is going on with some layouts I am interested in.

One place I do visit and post to is the railroad-line forum at http://railroad-line.com. There is some really nice modeling there and it can be a good place to ask a general question now and then.

railroad-line forum main screen


I recently started a thread there on my layout. A number of modelers here in South Jersey have active threads detailing their layouts with info and photos. A few of them include some great information that has helped my model building. For example, the use of grout as a scenery material was something I learned from Rick Bickmore, aka Harsco on railroad-line, in his great thread on building his layout.

My thread was started to focus on operations on my layout. It will be a way for forum members to see my layout and also allow for interaction regarding my operating plans. I hope to be able to detail my plans and show photos, and perhaps get some feedback on things I can consider and change to make for a better experience. The idea is to help me get operations off the ground with an initial session sometime this winter.

Check out my thread at this address:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44172

You do not need to have an account to view on the forum, but you do need one if you want to post or comment (it is free).

No comments: